Since 2016, employers of the chemical, plastics and life sciences industry contribute to a demography fund. Employers and employees develop actions program about quality of work and receive financial support from that fund for implementation the actions.
In June 2019 already more than 200 companies had submitted actions plans. You can find a selection of the actions in the submitted plans below :
- Age dependent extra leave day
- Massage at work, free fruit, sensibilisation actions for doing more sport
- Improved ergonomics at work stations
- Mentoring system coupling young employees with experienced employees for better integration of the young employees and valorisation of the experience of the older employees
- Recruitment of an extra person for alleviating shift work
- Free medical screening for older employees
- Extra financial compensation for older employees diminishing their work time
- Facilitate the possibility to explore other jobs within the same company/group
- Financial support for people diminishing working time and spending that extra time on volunteer work
- Extra training possibilities for managers
- Propose training, yoga, etc to diminish stress at work
And much more!
For more information: https://www.demografiefondsdemographie.be/